"Don8it" is Cochise County’s first all-local charity store. Why not sell your unwanted items locally and support your community? "Don8it"
Don8it.com User Agreement
The entity you are contracting with is don8it.com, 209 N Huachuca Blvd., Huachuca City, AZ, 85616, if you reside in the United States. It is Lake View, Shesharoe, Portroe, Nenagh, County Tipperary, Ireland, if you reside in the European Union.
This User Agreement is effective upon registration of a don8it.com account from 1 January 2014.
Don8it.com is a marketplace that allows users to donate items to local non-profits or charities that need assistance with a market place. (Example: Church Groups, Schools, Wellness rehabilitation groups and all 501c3’s) All items will be placed in an auction style setting. We will sell just about anything and will pick up and list for any organization. Any member can also list the items themselves as to cut on commissions and fees. As a marketplace, don8it.com does not own the items listed on this site, so the actual contract for sale is directly between the sellers and buyers. Don8it.com supplies a site for donations only and at no time can anybody sell items for personal gain, in doing so you may be suspended from using don8it.com and maybe fined in accordance with the contract on don8it.com.
While we may provide pricing, shipping, and other guidance in our Services, such guidance is solely informational and you may choose not to follow it. Also, while we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes through various programs, don8it.com has no control over and does not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of items advertised; the truth or accuracy of users' content or listings; the ability of sellers to sell items; the ability of buyers to pay for items; or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return an item.
While using or accessing the Services you will not:
- post, list or upload content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites;
- breach or circumvent any laws, third party rights or our systems, policies, or determinations of your account status;
- use our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example if you are under 18), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our sites, services, applications or tools;
- fail to pay for items purchased by you, unless the seller has materially changed the item's description after you bid, a clear typographical error is made, or you cannot contact the seller.
- fail to deliver items sold by you, unless the buyer fails to follow the posted terms, or you cannot contact the buyer;
- manipulate the price of any item or interfere with other user's listings;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content;
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm don8it.com, or the interests or property of don8it.com users;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our Services for any purpose;
- bypass our robot exclusion headers, interfere with the working of our Services, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- copy, reproduce, reverse engineer, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content (except for your information) from our sites, services, applications, or tools without the prior express written permission of don8it.com and the appropriate third party, as applicable;
- commercialize any don8it.com application or any information or software associated with such application; or
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
We may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time or modify or discontinue our Services.
Without limiting other remedies, we may, limit, suspend, or terminate our services and user accounts, restrict or prohibit access to, and your activities on, our Services, delay or remove hosted content, remove any special status associated with the account, reduce or eliminate any discounts, and take technical and legal steps to keep you from using our Services if:
- we think that you are creating problems or possible legal liabilities;
- we think that such restrictions will improve the security of the don8it.com community or reduce our or another don8it.com user's exposure to financial liabilities
- we think that you are infringing the rights of third parties;
- we think that you are acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this User Agreement or our policies;
- despite our reasonable endeavors, we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or
- you fail to pay us all fees due for our Services by your payment due date.
When a buyer or seller issue arises we may consider the user's performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement and to do the right thing for both buyers and sellers.
Prohibited and restricted items
- Adult only category
- Animals and wildlife products mounted specimens, and ivory
- Artifacts and grave related items
- Catalytic converters and test pipes
- Counterfeit currency and stamps
- Credit cards
- Currency, selling
- Describing drugs and drug-like substances
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Electronics equipment – examples include cable TV de-scramblers, radar scanners, and traffic signal control devices
- Electronic surveillance equipment – examples include wiretapping devices and telephone bugging devices
- Embargoed goods and prohibited countries – examples include items from Cuba
- Firearms, weapons, and knives – examples include pepper spray, replicas, and stun guns (see also military items)
- Food and healthcare items
- Government documents, IDs, and licenses
- Government, transit, and shipping-related items – examples include airplane operations manuals, subway employee uniforms, and U.S. Postal Service (USPS) mailbags
- Hazardous materials – examples include batteries, fireworks, and refrigerants
- Human remains and body parts
- Importation of goods into the US – examples include CDs intended only for distribution in a certain country
- International trading
- Items encouraging illegal activity – examples include an eBook describing how to create methamphetamine
- Lock picking devices
- Lottery tickets
- Mailing lists and personal information
- Manufacturers' coupons
- Medical devices – examples include contact lenses, pacemakers, and surgical instruments
- Military items (see also firearms, weapons, and knives)
- Multi-level marketing, pyramid, and matrix programs
- Offensive material – examples include ethnically or racially offensive material and Nazi memorabilia
- Political memorabilia (reproduction)
- Postage meters
- Prescription drugs
- Prohibited services
- Recalled items
- Stolen property and property with removed serial numbers
- Surveillance equipment
Weeds (see plants and seeds)
The fees/payment methods we charge for using our Services are listed on don8it.info. We may change our fees from time to time by posting the changes on the don8it.com site 28 days in advance, but with no advance notice required for temporary promotions.
A request to add a 401c3 may be submitted and upon the 401c3 meeting the required criteria and agreeing to your nomination, such charity shall be added.
All auctions will run between 1 to 7 days.
If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms. (This includes charging other payment methods on file with us, retaining collection agencies and legal counsel, and, for accounts over 180 days past due, deducting the amount owed from your PayPal account balance.) In addition, you will be subject to late fees., or don8it.com the collection agencies we retain, may also report information about your account to credit bureaus, and as a result, late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
When listing an item, you agree to comply with the don8it.com rules:
- You are responsible for the accuracy and content of the listing and item offered.
- We strive to create a marketplace where buyers find what they are looking for. Therefore, the appearance or placement of listings in search and browse results will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to:
- buyer's location, search query, browsing site, and history;
- item's location, listing format, price and shipping cost, terms of service, end time, history, and relevance to the user query;
- seller's history, Detailed Seller Ratings, and Feedback; and
- Number of listings matching the buyer's query.
Accordingly, to drive a positive user experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer.
- Some advanced listing upgrades will only be visible on certain Services.
When buying an item, you agree to:
- You are responsible for reading the full item listing before making a bid or commitment to buy.
- You enter into a legally binding contract to purchase an item when you commit to buy an item or if you have the winning bid (or your bid is otherwise accepted).
- We do not transfer legal ownership of items from the seller to the buyer.
- The buyer must pick up and pay for the item purchased within 72 hrs. After the auction ends.
- Don8it.com reserves the right to remove a buyer or suspend them for not completing the transaction within the designated time.
Many of our Services are accessible to international sellers and buyers. As don8it.com is designed for mainly local selling the seller is responsible for stating their intent to ship or pick up. Sellers and buyers are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations applicable to the international sale, purchase, and shipment of items.
You may restrict international buyers from purchasing your items if you explicitly exclude international shipping from your listings and apply an exclusion list to your listings. If your item is sold to a buyer you do not wish to do business with via feedback etc. You must contact don8it.com for assistance and each case will be viewed separately.
When providing don8it.com with content or posting on any don8it.com site, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademarks, database rights and intellectual property rights you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future. Further, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you waive your moral rights and promise not to assert such rights against us, our sublicenses or assignees.
You represent and warrant that none of the following infringe any intellectual property right: your provision of content to us, your posting of content using the Services, and our use of such content (including of works derived from it) in connection with the Services.
We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement as required by the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
To protect against the risk of liability, don8it.com has at times requested, and may continue to request, that PayPal restrict access to funds in a seller's PayPal account based on certain factors, including, but not limited to, selling history, seller performance, and riskiness of the listing category. This may result in PayPal determining to restrict funds in your PayPal account in order to manage PayPal's risk exposure pursuant to PayPal policies.
- To contact you for reasons relating to your account or your use of our Services (such as to collect a debt, resolve a dispute, or to otherwise enforce our User Agreement) or as authorized by applicable law
- To contact you for marketing, promotional, or other reasons that you have either previously consented to or that you may be asked to consent to in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out.
We may share your telephone numbers with our service providers (such as billing or collections companies) who we have contracted with to assist us in pursuing our rights or performing our obligations under the User Agreement, our policies, or any other agreement we may have with you. These service providers may also contact you using autodialed or prerecorded messages calls and/or SMS or other text messages, only as authorized by us to carry out the purposes we have identified above, and not for their own purposes.
We try to keep our Services safe, secure, and functioning properly, but we cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to our Services. Bid update and other notification functionality in don8it.com’s applications may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond don8it.com’s control.
You agree that you are making use of our Services at your own risk, and that they are being provided to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Accordingly, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all express or implied warranties, terms and conditions including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
In addition, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we (including our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees) are not liable, and you agree not to hold don8it.com responsible, for any damages or losses (including, but not limited to, loss of money, goodwill or reputation, profits, or other intangible losses or any special, indirect, or consequential damages) resulting directly or indirectly from:
- your use of or your inability to use our Services;
- pricing, shipping or other guidance provided by don8it.com;
- delays or disruptions in our Services;
- viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing, or linking to, our Services;
- glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our Services;
- damage to your hardware device from the use of any don8it.com Service;
- the content, actions, or inactions of third parties, including items listed using our Services or the destruction of allegedly fake items;
- a suspension or other action taken with respect to your account.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Regardless of the previous paragraphs, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) any amounts to the price the item sold for on, don8it.com (b) the amount of fees in dispute not to exceed the total fees, which you paid to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, or (c) $100.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our affiliates and subsidiaries, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. In entering into this release you expressly waive any protections (whether statutory or otherwise) that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favor at the time of agreeing to this release.
You will indemnify and hold us (and our affiliates and subsidiaries, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach this Agreement, your improper use of don8it.com Services or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
You and don8it.com agree that any claim or dispute at law or equity that has arisen or may arise between us relating in any way to or arising out of this or previous versions of the don8it.com User Agreement your use of or access to don8it.com sites, services, applications, and tools, or any products or services sold or purchased through don8it.com sites, services, applications, or tools will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Legal Disputes Section. Please read this Section carefully. It affects your rights and will have a substantial impact on how claims you and we have against each other are resolved.
A. Applicable Law
You agree that the laws of the State of Arizona, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern the User Agreement and any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and, don8it.com except as otherwise stated in the User Agreement.
B. Agreement to Arbitrate
You and don8it.com each agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and ykeepit relating in any way to or arising out of this or previous versions of the User Agreement, your use of or access to don8it.com Services, or any products or services sold, offered, or purchased through don8it.com Services shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Agreement to Arbitrate.
- Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief
YOU AND DON8IT.COM AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND DON8IT AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S OR PARTY'S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S). ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OTHER DON8IT MEMBERS.
- Arbitration Procedures
Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, and court review of an arbitration award is very limited. However, an arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual. An arbitrator should apply the terms of the User Agreement as a court would.
The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Agreement to Arbitrate, any part of it, or of the User Agreement including, but not limited to, any claim that all or any part of the Agreement to Arbitrate or User Agreement is void or voidable.
The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") under its rules and procedures, including the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (as applicable), as modified by this Agreement to Arbitrate. The AAA's rules are available at www.adr.org. A form for initiating arbitration proceedings is available on the AAA's site at http://www.adr.org. In addition to filing this form with the AAA in accordance with its rules and procedures, you must send a copy of the completed form to us at the following address to initiate arbitration proceedings: 209 don8it.com N Huachuca Blvd, Huachuca City, AZ 85616
The arbitration shall be held in the county in which you reside or at another mutually agreed location. If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, you or don8it.com may elect to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based solely on written submissions, which election shall be binding on you and don8it.com subject to the arbitrator's discretion to require an in-person hearing, if the circumstances warrant. Attendance at an in-person hearing may be made by telephone by you and/or don8it.com, unless the arbitrator requires otherwise.
The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona, including recognized principles of equity, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different don8it.com members, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same don8it.com member to the extent required by applicable law. The arbitrator's award shall be final and binding and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
With the exception of any of the provisions in Section 1 of this Agreement to Arbitrate ("Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief"), if an arbitrator or court decides that any part of this Agreement to Arbitrate is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of this Agreement to Arbitrate shall still apply. If an arbitrator or court decides that any of the provisions in Section 1 of this Agreement to Arbitrate ("Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief") is invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Agreement to Arbitrate shall be null and void. The remainder of the Agreement and its Legal Disputes Section will continue to apply.
- Future Changes to the Agreement to Arbitrate
Notwithstanding any provision in the Agreement to the contrary, you and we agree that if we make any change to this Agreement to Arbitrate (other than a change to any notice address or site link provided herein) in the future, that change shall not apply to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against don8it.com prior to the effective date of the change. The change shall apply to all other disputes or claims governed by the Agreement to Arbitrate that have arisen or may arise between you and. don8it.com We will notify you of changes to this Agreement to Arbitrate by posting the amended terms on www.don8it.com at least 30 days before the effective date of the changes and by providing notice through the ykeepit Message Center and/or by email. If you do not agree to these amended terms, you may close your account within the 30 day period and you will not be bound by the new terms.
Moreover, if we seek to terminate the Agreement to Arbitrate as included in the User Agreement, any such termination shall not be effective until 30 days after the version of the User Agreement not containing the Agreement to Arbitrate is posted to http://www.don8it.com, and shall not be effective as to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against don8it.com prior to the effective date of termination.
We may amend this User Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on www.don8it.com. Our right to amend the User Agreement includes the right to modify, add to, or remove terms in the User Agreement. Except as stated otherwise in this User Agreement or elsewhere, all amended terms shall automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially posted. Additionally, we will notify you through the eBay Message Center and/or by email. We may also ask you to acknowledge your acceptance of the User Agreement through an electronic click-through. This User Agreement may not otherwise be amended except through mutual agreement by you and an don8it representative who intends to amend this User Agreement and is duly authorized to agree to such an amendment.
The policies posted on our sites may be changed from time to time. Changes take effect when we post them on the don8it site.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this User Agreement.
Don8it’s Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program works to ensure that listed items do not infringe upon the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of third parties
The following Sections survive any termination of this User Agreement: Fees, Content, Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability; Indemnity, and Legal Disputes.
If you are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210